Anyone older than 65 and people with medical problems, such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hypertension, lung disease (COPD and asthma) and conditions that suppress immune systems, is particularly at risk for COVID-19. To help protect your health and safety, please monitor your symptoms closely. Should you experience a significant change in your health status, please call to let me know before coming to the office so I can assess your condition and take steps to protect the potential spread of infection. If you need immediate medical attention, please visit an urgent care provider.
Based on the work we have done together to enhance your health you should be especially vigilant in avoiding others while the spread of COVID-19 continues. I encourage you to follow these safer at home protocols, and limit public exposure, including visits from young children who are often unaffected by the infection but may still spread it to you, as much as possible.
If you have a serious underlying medical condition:
- Stay home if possible.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid close contact (6 feet, which is about two arm lengths) with people outside your home
- People may spread the virus before they have symptoms
- It is especially important to stay away from people who are sick
- When possible have other people deliver your groceries and other household goods
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched services.
- Avoid all cruise travel and non-essential air travel.
- Call if you have concerns about COVID-19 and your underlying condition or if you are sick.
- For more information on steps you can take to protect yourself, see CDC’s How to Protect Yourself here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html
The COVID-19 virus remains a serious threat to the health, safety and welfare of all residents of Indiana, and further efforts are needed to address, control and reduce the evolving threat posed by COVID-19.
Because this disease is primarily spread from person-to-person, please adhere to the governor’s stay-at-home order and do your part to stop the spread of COVID-19.COI