The Cleaning Facility Disinfection Frequency Checklist and guidelines below can help reduce the risk of the spread of infection. Employees should also continue personal sanitary practices such as frequent handwashing for at least 20 seconds or using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available, and following coughing and sneezing etiquette.
- As much as possible, limit employee exposure to COVID-19 for those who need to travel outside the facility for essential errands by limiting close contact and following CDC advice.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as workstations, keyboards, telephones, handrails, and doorknobs. Dirty surfaces can be cleaned with soap and water prior to disinfection. To disinfect, use products that meet EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19, and are appropriate for the surface.
- Avoid using other employees’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible. If necessary, clean and disinfect them before and after use.
- Discourage handshaking – encourage the use of other non-contact methods of greeting.
- Practice social distancing by avoiding large gatherings and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others when possible.